Vietnamese Countryside Tour by Bike and Boat
10 hours (approx.)Depart from
Centrally located Hanoi hotels. Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.Return to
Returns to original departure pointTime of departure
Small-group tour limited to 12 ensures a more personalized experienceTransportation
Bike and BoatImportant note
Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing, especially when visiting temples. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- Small-group tour of the Ninh Binh countryside from Hanoi
- Step back in time to the ancient capital of Hoa Lu
- Cruise the waterways of Tam Coc by rowboat and admire breathtaking landscapes dotted with limestone karsts
- Cycle along back roads and through rice fields on an easy, enjoyable bike ride
- Enjoy a traditional local lunch
- Small-group tour limited to 12 ensures a more personalized experience
Tour description provided by Viator
Explore the exquisite Vietnamese countryside by bike and by boat on this small-group tour from Hanoi. Visit the ancient capital of Hoa Lu, home to the first emperor of Vietnam, Dinh Bo Linh. Following your guide, enjoy a leisurely bike ride along gorgeous back roads and through picturesque rice fields. After lunch at a local restaurant (included), cruise the waterways of Tam Coc in a traditional wooden rowboat and take in the spectacular scenery dotted with limestone karsts.
What You Can Expect
Leave the hustle and bustle of Hanoi behind and embark on a 2-hour drive to the province of Ninh Binh and the ancient capital of Hoa Lu. This city, built in the 10th century, was once the economic and cultural hub of Vietnam and is home to a temple honoring Dinh Bo Linh -- the first emperor of Vietnam.
When you arrive, jump on your bike for a 7.5-mile (12- km) leisurely ride through some of the most stunning landscapes in the country. Cycle on picturesque back roads, through rice fields and along streams before stopping for lunch at a local restaurant (included).
Afterward, board a traditional wooden rowboat and travel down the labyrinth of waterways of Tam Coc. Known locally as the ‘Halong Bay of the land,’ this winding riverway is dotted with gorgeous limestone karsts (rocky outcrops). Enjoy endless photo opportunities of the breathtaking scenery as you cruise for two hours and pass quaint local villages.
At the end of your tour, you’ll be transferred back to Hanoi.
- Bike tour
- Use of all necessary equipment
- River cruise
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people per tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bicycle and helmet provided
- Easy paced cycling suitable for all fitness levels
Please note: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing, especially when visiting temples. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible - we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD. Click here to change your currency.
- Centrally located Hanoi hotels
- Departure time
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
10 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point