Small-Group Authentic Mekong Delta Experience by Speedboat
8-9 hours (approx.)Depart from
Centrally located Ho Chi Minh City hotelsReturn to
Returns to original departure pointTime of departure
Tour description provided by Viator
Discover the rhythms of daily life in the Mekong Delta on a full-day boat tour from Ho Chi Minh City. Visit a riverside market and village, a Cao Dai Temple, a Buddhist pagoda, artisan workshops and a family homestead where you can sample fresh coconuts and local whiskey. You'll also enjoy a light breakfast on the boat and traditional lunch prepared by a private chef. This day trip is limited to 14 people to ensure you enjoy a small-group experience with your guide.
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
Your day starts with early morning transfer from your Ho Chi Minh City hotel to your speedboat at the central pier. As your boat sets off along the Saigon River, a light breakfast is served.
Your guide introduces you to the history and importance of the fertile Mekong Delta as your boat approaches its vast network of canals and channels. Known as the rice bowl of Vietnam, the delta provides food, shelter and work for a large percentage of the nation.
Learn from your guide about the region's Buddhist spiritual practice when you stop at the ornately decorated Tuong Van Pagoda. Then continue your journey downriver to visit a colorful waterside market. Keep your camera handy for photo ops of mounds of goods, including exotic fruits, veggies and fish.
By midmorning, your boat reaches the watery expanse of smaller tributaries that splinter from the Mekong River. Glide under a canopy of tropical foliage as your boat winds through lush canals, and stop to explore key places with your guide. You might visit a local pottery workshop and a traditional riverside home where several generations live together, see huge Burmese pythons kept as pets, try fresh coconut and other produce, or sample fiery Mekong whiskey or wine.
Take a break from sightseeing over a relaxing lunch prepared by a private chef at a pagoda. Traditional dishes may include fresh spring rolls, caramelized pork, ginger chicken or elephant ear fish — a Mekong Delta specialty.
When you have finished lunch, visit a colorful Cao Dai Temple, and learn from your guide about the Cao Dai religion, which combines the teachings of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and Christianity. Then visit a nearby orphanage run by Buddhist monks.
After your enlightening experience on the Mekong, start the return journey to Ho Chi Minh City, enjoying the scenery as you go. Upon arrival back at the pier, your guide returns you to your hotel.
Centrally located Ho Chi Minh City hotels
Returns to original departure point
- Round-trip speedboat transport
- Refreshments and fruit on the boat
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Surcharge for vegetarian or halal meal options, if required
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist with boarding and disembarking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking; there will be a surcharge for vegetarian or halal options
- Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Please note the route can be subject to change due to water levels
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.