Vietnamese Cooking Class and Hoi An Ancient Town Walking Tour
4-5 hoursDepart from
Central Hoi AnReturn to
Tour concludes at Cooking ClassTime of departure
limited to 12 people.More information
Tour description provided by Viator
Enjoy a walk through the historic Ancient Town of Hoi An before learning to prepare several delicious Vietnamese dishes during this Hoi An combo tour! On your Ancient Town walking tour, admire the many well-preserved historic buildings that line the colorful streets of Hoi An. Then visit a local market with your guide to shop for ingredients for your meal, and begin your cooking class where you’ll learn how to make classic Vietnamese food and, of course, enjoy eating your creations. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
- Ancient Town walking tour and cooking class combo in Hoi An
- Stroll through the atmospheric and UNESCO World Heritage-listed streets of Hoi An’s well-preserved Ancient Town
- Learn about the legends of the Chinese assembly halls from your guide
- Shop for ingredients for your cooking class at a local market
- Learn to cook authentic Vietnamese dishes
- Feast on a banquet of your own creation!
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Hoi An’s Old Town has many cute shops and art galleries, almost every house is an art work! This tour gives you the chance to discover amazing gems in the small alleys. And Vietnamese food is simple, yet healthy and flavorful. You’ll love learning the secrets to making it yourself!
What You Can Expect
Discover the history and flavors of Vietnam during this walking and cooking tour in Hoi An. Oozing with charm and having largely escaped the destruction of successive wars, Hoi An is lined with streets and architecture that are a delight to explore. After meeting your guide, head straight for Ancient Town, ready to hit its enchanting streets.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ancient Town is packed with buildings of historical and cultural significance, and boasts a number of streets that are off-limits to cars. Stroll past the many Chinese assembly halls, from the Cantonese Chinese Congregation with its impressive main altar, to the Hainan Chinese Congregation, which serves as a memorial to 107 merchants from Hainan Island who were mistaken for pirates and killed during the reign of Emperor Tu Duc. Stop by the Japanese Covered Bridge, which was constructed in the 1590s by the town’s Japanese community to link them with the Chinese quarters across the stream.
At the end of the walking tour, head to a family-run restaurant for your Vietnamese cooking class. The chef will run through the range of delicious dishes that you will prepare, and then it’s time to hit the local market to stock up on all the fresh produce needed to create the feast. Learn how to choose the best supplies and discover some of the less-familiar ingredients before heading back to the restaurant, ready to cook.
Under the watchful eye of your chef, make favorites like spring rolls and grilled tuna (see below for a sample menu), and grab some recipes to take home so you can wow your family and friends. Your experience ends as you sit down to feast on the delicious dishes you’ve created.
Hoi An rice pancake (with pork and shrimp)
Green papaya salad
Hoi An crispy spring roll (pork, herbs, vegetables)
Grilled tuna in banana leaf
Vietnamese dipping sauce
Hoi An rice pancake (no pork)
Green papaya salad
Hoi An crispy spring roll (no pork)
Grilled eggplant in banana leaf
Vietnamese dipping sauce
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Cooking class
- Cooking equipment and ingredients
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Please dress up to standard with shoulders & knee covered
- Minimum age is 6 years
- From time to time Vietnamese authorities close sites temporarily with very little if any notice which will lead to alternate arrangements being made for the tours affected at late notice.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule and Pricing
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible - we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Central Hoi An
Tour concludes at Cooking Class