Small-Group My Son Sanctuary Tour from Hoi An
4 hours (approx.)Depart from
Your Hoi An city hotelReturn to
Returns to original departure pointTime of departure
7:30am or 1:30pm. Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour description provided by Viator
This half-day trip takes you to My Son Sanctuary, a UNESCO World Heritage site dating from the 4th to 13th centuries. With an expert guide, tour the ancient capital of the Champa Kingdom, considered one of the most stunning landmarks in the Hoi An region. Travel by minivan in the morning or afternoon, including hotel pickup and drop-off. Numbers are limited to eight people, ensuring a personalized experience with a small group.
- My Son Sanctuary half-day trip from Hoi An
- Tour the UNESCO World Heritage site with a knowledgeable guide
- Marvel at the Hindu remains of tower-temples decorated in bas-relief
- Learn about the Champa Kingdom and the temples at My Son
- Round-trip hotel transport by minivan included
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Depart by minivan from your hotel in the morning or afternoon, depending on which option you select upon booking. Located in the heart of a beautiful valley and surrounded by high mountains that feed the Thu Bon River, My Son Sanctuary was developed over a period of 10 centuries.
When you reach the UNESCO World Heritage site, follow your guide on a walking tour around the impressive tower-temples — remains of the political and religious capital of the Champa Kingdom. Admire the structures, which were originally built with wood, then restored in the 7th century with locally made brick after the temples were completely destroyed by fire one century earlier.
By the 13th century, more than 70 similar temples had been built, establishing My Son as a sanctuary of Hinduism in the Champa Kingdom. As you marvel at sandstone bas-reliefs depicting scenes from Hindu mythology, learn about the My Son civilization’s devotion to Hindu deities like Krishna, Vishnu and Shiva.
After exploring the delights of My Son Sanctuary with fascinating commentary from your guide, head back to Hoi An, where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please provide name and nationality for each person in your group for insurance registration
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule and Pricing
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible - we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your Hoi An city hotel
7:30am or 1:30pm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point
|Morning tour with 7:30am departure||From USD
|Afternoon tour with 1:30pm departure||From USD