Surfpoint Kiteboarding School
52A Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, Ham Tien, Mui Ne, Phan Thiet, VietnamTelephone
+84-167 3422 136 / +84-937835936Email More information Prices
3hr course included all gear US$150.Opening hours
Mon - Sun: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Mui Ne is one of the best destinations for kiteboarding in Asia. It's kiteable all year round with the wind direction changing from summer with southern wind to winter having northern wind. Most months it blows 20 to 25 days. Northern wind is usually stronger and varies between 12 and 30 knots, southern wind rarely exceeds 18 knots. Water conditions vary, from flat water in light winds through choppy to rare swells of max. 2,5m. Sandy bottom and no coral reefs make it a very safe spot for learning and practicing Kiteboarding.
With well-trained instructors and a friendly vibe, it's no surprise Surfpoint is one of the best regarded kite schools in town. A five-hour course costs US$250. Surfing lessons on softboards are also offered (from US$50) when waves permit and there are short boards for rent.
All courses include:
- Unlimited use of trainer kite,
- Free instructors consultation after,
- Complete set of kiteboarding equipment and safety gear
- IKO card certification
3 hour teaser price 145usd
This program is designed to give you an initial impression on kitesurfing. At the end of this course you will be able to move through the water using the power of the kite.
- Tuition on trainer kite to develop proper steering habits
- Equipment setup / pack down
- Tuition on safety systems and real situation simulations
- Flying inflatable kite withoput power on the beach
- Bodydraging - using the proper size kite in the water to
- Generate power, Water relaunch.
5 hour beginner price 240usd
Beginner program is designed to get you up and riding on the board. After this course you may be able to practice by yourself
It features the steps from Teaser package plus:
- Advanced bodydragging - learning how to generate proper ammount of power to stand up on the board.
- Developing boardskills on the beach - series of excercises that teach you how to position your body during waterstart
- Waterstart - combining your kiteskills and boardskills in the water to acheive your first rides! Great moments.
- 5% discount on equipment rental
7 hour intermediate price 320usd
Intermediate program is focused on giving you the best start possible in your kiteboarding career. it will allow you to push your skills to a new level much faster. It features all previous steps plus:
- Dynamic wind window theory / apparent wind effects
- Perfecting your waterstart / handling different conditions
- Managing your speed and direction
- 10% discount on equipment rental
10 hour independent price 420usd
Independent program is designed to give you the same basics as intermediate plus:
- Riding up wind
- Turning skills
- First jumps
- 15% discount on rental