Da Ban Waterfall
Near Duong Dong lake, Phu Quoc island, Kien Giang, VietnamPrices
Entrance Fee: 5,000VND. Parking: 10,000VND to park your motorbike or bicycle.
Da Ban Stream (also known as Suoi Da Ban or Da Ban Waterfall or Table Rock Stream) is a stream that originates from the Ham Ninh mountain range and is situated close to Duong Dong Lake.
Da Ban Stream consists of a series of flat stone slabs lying in series and makes for a perfect spot for a picnic. The waterfall itself is quite small and not as nice as the Tranh Stream waterfall, however the draw here is the wooden suspension bridge and the fact that there are not a lot of tourists and it is located relatively close to Duong Dong Town making it an easy day trip. The hiking up the stream to the waterfall site is relatively easy and safe as there is a clear path on one side.
Da Ban Stream is located 6km north east of Duong Dong Town. From Duong Dong Town head down Nguyen Trung Truc Street toward Thom Village or Ganh Dau Village and then turn right to Duong To Village. You will then reach a dirt road that will take you into the Da Ban. This road can be muddy at times and it has a lot of potholes. Traveling down this dirt road for 4kms will take you to the parking area.
What to see
- Observe the Flora & Fauna – a variety of animal and plant life can be seen here. Look for small fish in the stream, frogs, lizards, snakes, and more. Wild orchids, mushrooms, wild ginseng, and ferns are some of the flora that can be seen here.. You can even find the sim myrtle fruit here as well.
- Suspension Bridge – The wooden suspension bridge is nice to walk on. If you are not adventurous then you can take another more stable wooden bridge just a few steps away.
What to do
- Soak in the stream – there are a few deeps pools that are perfect for cooling down.
- Picnic – The smooth flat rocks make for a perfect natural table top. Bring your lunch and sit on top of one of these rocks and have your lunch. You will see many locals doing the same.
Need to know
- Do not be shocked when you see a lot of garbage shattered around.
- If you plan on visiting Da Ban Stream early in the morning, please bring insect repellant as there are a lot of mosquitoes during this time of day.